The Kentucky Center has an opportunity for the candidate that wants to advance in their career. If you meet the stated responsibilities and qualifications in the job description below, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
POSITION TITLE: Accountant I
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB STATUS: Full-time
REPORTS TO: Director of Accounting
Support management in the achievement of strategic goals through process improvement of the Accounts Payable and general accounting functions and controls.
Initiative and Creativity
Plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions; makes constructive suggestions; prepares for problems or opportunities in advance; undertakes additional responsibilities; responds to situations as they arise with minimal supervision; creates novel solutions to problems; evaluates new technology as potential solutions to existing problems.
Quality of Work
Maintains high standards despite pressing deadlines; does work right the first time; corrects own errors; regularly produces accurate, thorough, professional work.
Personally responsible; completes work in a timely, consistent manner; works hours necessary to complete assigned work; is regularly present and punctual; arrives prepared for work; is committed to doing the best job possible; keeps commitments.
Job Knowledge/Technical Knowledge
Demonstrates knowledge of techniques, skills, equipment, procedures and materials. Applies knowledge to identify issues and internal problems; works to develop additional technical knowledge and skills.
Attention to Detail
Is alert in a high-risk environment; follows detailed procedures and ensures accuracy in documentation and data; carefully monitors gauges, instruments or processes; concentrates on routine work details; organizes and maintains a system of records.
Essential Functions - Statement(s)
- Perform all AP processing and payment generation following procedures established by the department. Process all payables and voided items.
- Develop and implement accounting processes to obtain efficiencies.
- Identify internal control gaps and recommend improvements.
- Investigate and resolve any AP related irregularities and/or queries.
- Provide exceptional customer service and respond promptly during vendor inquiries.
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements to ensure that all receipts are processed correctly.
- Reconcile statements received from vendors as necessary. Research and follow up on outstanding invoices.
- Ensure that all necessary support is digitally saved and/or attached prior to filing.
- Process and reconcile state funds utilized and remaining.
- Submit electronic credit transactions as necessary. Complete schedule of transactions processed. Forward to Accounting Department personnel for posting to the general ledger.
- Prepare, post and balance monthly journal entries.
- Record prepaid expenses to spreadsheet and reconcile to the general ledger. Assist Director with related recurring entries.
- Review monthly Kentucky Center Presents show expenses for accuracy and completion; collect information from other departments and accrue expenses when necessary.
- Maintain accurate accounts payable subsidiary ledger. Post accounts payable accurately to general ledger. Reconcile accounts payable subsidiary ledger to the general ledger.
- Prepare monthly outstanding check listing to aid in the bank reconciliation.
- Assist Department personnel in the custody of company credit cards and sign in/out as required.
- Process IRS 1099 forms annually.
- Assist with creating and maintaining all AP aging reports. Maintain up-to-date and complete accounts payable files.
- Assist in auditing preparation as requested.
- Be innovative and suggest ways to simplify and streamline procedures.
- Assist in developing / writing policies and procedures.
- Be well organized, detail-oriented, capable of identifying, and meeting, deadlines.
- Capable of managing a large volume of work.
- Be flexible, intrinsically motivated, and dependable; job may require occasional overtime.
- Must maintain close working relationship with all other Kentucky Center departments.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks and other special projects as requested.
Knowledge – Understanding of GAAP and financial policies; ensure financial statements and general ledger are in compliance.
Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace; seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and processes.
Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
Honesty / Integrity – Ability to handle confidential information appropriately. Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
Communication, Written and Verbal - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely. Ability to speak publicly in a clear, informative, and accessible manner.
Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals of varying generations.
Ability to express and exhibit mutual trust and respect with colleagues. Presents and carries self in a professional manner with a constant air of approachability for all levels of staff within the organization.
Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (or equivalent)
- Minimum of two years of accounts payable experience preferred.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including Excel, Outlook, and Word. Intermediate to advanced level of Excel skills; the ability to use spreadsheets to manipulate data.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills are essential.
Qualified candidates for the following position may apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSITION TITLE: Line Cook/Back of House Staff (Part-Time)
POSITION SUPERVISOR: Chef
POSITION DEPARTMENT: Patron Services
Goal: To assist in providing a superior customer service experience to the patrons of The Kentucky Center. To be a versatile and enthusiastic member of the Food and Beverage team.
Reliability and Integrity
Personally Responsible. Completes work in a timely, consistent manner. Works hours necessary to complete assigned duties; is regularly present and punctual. Arrives prepared for work and is consistently neat in appearance and friendly in demeanor. Operates under the highest moral and professional standards at all times.
Able to maintain a calm and professional demeanor in a fast paced setting. Listens and responds effectively to supervisor; resolves issues to the supervisor’s satisfaction; respects all customers and supervisors; utilizes a team approach to quickly and efficiently handle the customer’s needs and strives to exceed customer expectations.
Will continuously remain knowledgeable regarding menu items and seasonal or special offerings. Will maintain general knowledge of the Kentucky Center at large and be able to direct customers to essential services including but not limited to customer service, elevators, bathrooms and coat check.
Problem Solving and Strategic Thinking
Adapts well to changing priorities, deadlines and directives. Is willing to take action under pressure and responds productively when faced with crises or criticism. Anticipates emerging situations and handles them with the ultimate success of the department in mind while carefully adhering to legal and organizational policies and procedures.
Initiative, Engagement and Enthusiasm
Plans work and carries out responsibilities without detailed instructions. Engages with supervisor to develop goals, execute plans and deliver results. Solves problems and identifies opportunities in advance and responds to situations as they arise with minimal supervision. Maintains a positive team attitude and always seeks to further the reputation for excellence that the Kentucky Center is known for.
Treats all people with respect; values diverse perspectives; participates in diversity training opportunities; shows sensitivity to individual differences; treats others fairly without regard to race, sex, color, religion, or sexual preference.
- Provide efficient and knowledgeable service in our kitchen
- Be prepared to serve as Bartender Host/ess or Food Runner as needed
- Understand and be accountable to all pertinent company standards, policies and principals.
- Maintain reasonable availability regarding scheduling in order to best serve our patrons with the highest level of service
- Participate in regular staff meetings to receive ongoing training, motivation and transfer of information
- Collaborate with team members to streamline event processes, increase quality of service, implement departmental goals and actively participate in maintaining a standard of excellence.
- Maintain Food Service Standards as required by the Board of Health and as dictated by law. Incorporate new standards as communicated by supervisor and communicate with supervisor to maintain the highest level of compliance with those standards
- Maintain the highest level of compliance with applicable Food Service standards and regulations
- Communicate with supervisor regarding supplies and inventory needs. Work as a team member to promote food and kitchen quality and standards
- This position requires decision making skills that consistently increase revenue and satisfy patron needs
- Maintain complete knowledge of Service Staff manual and comply with policies and procedures as illustrated and conveyed during staff meetings. Be aware of changes to manual and service procedures as we grow.
- Set up, stock and break down kitchen areas as assigned by supervisor. Maintain a clean organized and efficient work space at all times
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all areas. Maintain a collaborative attitude regarding the condition of our work space
- Prepare end of night ordering sheets and maintain a clean station. Demonstrate strong ethics, integrity and honesty
- Embody The Kentucky Center values and mission
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
2 years in a kitchen setting. Restaurant and supervising experience is a plus.
The employee will possess excellent organizational skills and be detail oriented. They will possess the ability to work effectively in a broad range of situations and communicate calmly and efficiently under hectic and, at times, stressful situations. The employee will demonstrate superior verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to adapt to a flexible schedule. The employee must be able to work at peak performance for the duration of their shift, often under extreme pressure with a calm and friendly demeanor. They will either be well versed in fine dining and food preparation or motivated to learn.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and navigate stairs. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35-50 pounds. The employee must be able to navigate all areas of the buildings, both public and non-public.
Flexible hours based around events; often evenings, weekends, and holidays.