Enjoy the excitement and spectacle of Thunder Over Louisville from the comfort of The Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts. Make The Kentucky Center your home base for the day while you take in all the action. Families will appreciate convenient access to the Center’s restrooms, activities for the kids, and foodservice and concessions without waiting in long lines. There will be multiple bars located around the building where adults can enjoy a variety of beer and wine options.
- 9:00am – Kentucky Center Garage opens
- 2:00pm – Doors and bar open
- 9:30pm – Fireworks start
The Kentucky Center garage will be open to the public. First come, first served.
The Kentucky Center is not selling parking in advance. $20 at the entrance day-of.
Visit thunderoverlouisville.org for information on public parking spaces within walking distance of the river.
Patrons will receive wristbands upon entering The Kentucky Center which will enable them to re-enter if they leave the building.
Please remember to wear your Pegasus Pin if you want to leave The Kentucky Center Belvedere area!
If you do not have one, you may purchase one from The Kentucky Center box office counter.
Items brought to The Kentucky Center
· Coolers, canopies, umbrellas, weapons, pets (except service animals), alcohol, food, and drink cannot be brought inside The Kentucky Center nor be taken to the Belvedere.
· The Kentucky Center will provide seating in the lobbies and on the North Terrace of the Belvedere (concrete area).
· Chairs and blankets are allowed but must be setup outside. First come, first served.
· Strollers are allowed.
· All purses and bags are subject to security check at all points of entry.
Family Activities Schedule
Family-friendly activities include face painting, a hip-hop class, hands-on visual art activities and the opportunity to participate in a drumming circle. All ages are welcome! First come, first served.
3:30pm-5:00pm Drumming Circle with Joan Brannon
3:30pm-6:30pm Face Painting with Wil Jones and Kim Jones
4:00pm-6:00pm Teen Art Activity with Gwen Kelly
5:00pm-5:40pm Hip Hop Dance with Keisha Walker (ages 4-7)
5:50pm-6:30pm Hip Hop Dance with Keisha Walker (ages 8+)
5:00pm-7:00pm Visual Art Activity with Lauri Adkins
Food & Drink
Beverages will be available in multiple locations throughout the building.
Draft beer, wine, and mixed drinks will be sold.
There will be non-alcoholic choices.
No outside food, drink, or personal drink containers allowed.
Beverages purchased at The Kentucky Center cannot be taken off the property.
Also available:Thunder at the Center 2017 Souvenir Cup
Free refills of non-alcoholic beverages
Food provided by Colonnade Catering
- Grilled Chicken Breast.......$7.00
- 1/3 lb Angus Burger.......$7.00
- Pulled Pork.......$7.00
- Fried Chicken Tenders.......$7.00
- Quarter Pound Hot Dog.......$5.00
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad.......$9.00
- Baked Beans.......$3.00
- Green Beans.......$3.00
- Macaroni & Cheese.......$3.00
- French Fries.......$3.00
- Cole Slaw.......$3.00
- Pasta Salad.......$3.00
- MEAL DEAL (entrée with 2 sides).......$12.00
- Candy & Chips.......$2.00
- Tub of Popcorn.......$5.00
- Nacho Cheese & Chips.......$5.00
- Big Pretzel.......$4.00