April 03, 2017 11:59 PM EDT
Your file should be 11" x 17" and have a minimum resolution of 300 dpi
Accepted submission file formats: .JPG, .JPEG, .TIF, .TIFF .TIFF (or .TIF) formats should be flattened
Winning design file formats: . PSD, .AI, .INDD, .EPS
.EPS formats must have all type converted to vector paths (traced or outlined)
RGB colorspace only
Max file size is 60mb
- March 1 -- Contest opens
- April 3 -- Contest closes
- April 4-- Contest finalists chosen.
- April 5-6 -- Voting for winner begins
- April 7 -- Winner is announced
Be a part of GSA history...again!
Design a very special commemorative print for the Kentucky Center Governor’s School for the Arts!
One winner will receive $300. Finalists will receive a GSA swag bag!
With more than 5,000 alumni, the Kentucky Center Governor’s School for the Arts (GSA) will celebrate its 30th summer this year. GSA wishes to commemorate this milestone in no other way than by commissioning an alum-designed print.
Create an original artwork utilizing any of the processes listed. From your design, GSA will then generate a limited edition of 300 archival giclée artist-signed and numbered prints which will be sold exclusively at Summer Program 2017. The original will be displayed in the GSA offices in perpetuity.
Suggested Theme & Style Guidelines
We’re looking for a unique design inspired by the 30th anniversary of GSA. Feel free to design a print with your own interpretation of this concept. Reflect on your emotions and experience as a student, what it has meant to be a young artist in Kentucky or how being an alum set your life or career on a unique trajectory. Head on over to the GSA website
to gain some additional inspiration.
You may also create artwork simply inspired by the name Governor’s School for the Arts or "GSA."
Things You Need To Include
- All submissions must be original art
- Required Text: "Kentucky Center Governor's School for the Arts" and "30"
- Designers should include their name, GSA year, and a brief description of the work within the submission. Feel free to include anything (material, media or process choice) which makes your work unique and worthy of possible selection.
- The design need not be completed by one singular artist. Collaboration is encouraged.
- Acceptable file formats for initial submission are .JPG, .JPEG, .TIF, .TIFF
- The winning designer should be able to either
a) submit a layered file (.psd, .eps, .ai) of the winning design, if design is digital
b) Or produce a high quality scan or digital photo (.jpg, jpeg, .tif, .tiff) if utilizing any of the following non-digital processes:
Traditional Drawing and Painting
Things You Should Avoid
- Respect copyright. DO NOT submit copyrighted work.
- DO NOT use stock images or clip art.
- Absolutely NO photos, though images may be photo-inspired.